SCULTO 2018, general conditions:
SCULTO puts out a call for Spanish galleries to send in proposals to be part of SCULTO 2018
– Spanish galleries can present any Spanish or foreign artist they deem appropriate
– Proposals from independent artists will NOT be accepted.
– A curatorial committee will evaluate and select proposals from the applying galleries.
Galleries must send a filled out registration form (available for downloaded on the website www.sculto.es) by email, which should include the following information:
- The gallery’s program in the last two years..
- Collaborations with galleries from Spain and abroad
- Collaborations with Spanish and foreign curators..
- A List of artists who present sculpture within the gallery’s general program, whether they are presented at the fair or not.
- Specific proposal for SCULTO2018.
THE GALLERIES MUST PROVE:
- They have been open to the public, with normal opening hours, for at least one year .
- They are be registered with the corresponding IAE (legal status in Spain).
- De They respect and comply with the “Decálogo de las buenas prácticas” (Code of ethics) in the execution of their business.
- Exhibition space at Mercado-Plaza de Abastos San Blas de Logroño-La Rioja, Spain for the duration of the fair + 2 days for installation and taking down the exhibits Fair spaces will be assigned by the Organization and Curatorial Committees as deemed appropriate by them according to the presented proposals.
- An installation support team for the galleries
- Standard electric plugs
- Internet connection.
- General printed material: badges, invitations, fair hand guides, printed catalogues and posters
- Printed posters
- Table and chairs for each gallery
- Plinths and standard spotlights
- Fair assistants
- 24-hour security guards
- Fair daily cleaning service
- Invitations sent to: art collectors, museum directors, representatives of cultural institutions and other professional fields
- Two visits including wine tasting to two DOC Rioja wineries.
- Promotion on social networks and the Fair’s web
- 10 printed catalogues for each gallery
- Production of a 3D virtual tour of the Fair
- Recorded interview with each gallery owner and their artists
- Filming of SCULTOdeDÍA conferences
- Visits to the exhibitions organized with contemporary sculpture from private collections
- An invitation -expenses paid- for one collector chosen by each gallery
EACH GALLERY COMMITS TO:
- Provide the organization with necessary information for promotional purposes
- Transport of the artworks and any specific furnishings necessary for their exhibition, according to prior agreement with the organization.
- Provide specific material or furniture to correctly display each work (video players, audio, etc.)
- Be in possession of a guaranteed authentic certificate of authorship for each work delivered to buyers.
- Attend and participate in the opening ceremony.
- Invite a collector (expenses covered by the Fair).
- Any sale transactions carried out at the Fair must comply with current tax legislation.
- Have insurance covering bodily, artworks and property damage and theft at their stand before, during and after the fair. The Organization subscribes a general civil responsibility insurance policy, in compliance with current legislation on trade fair activities in Spain.Any sale transactions carried out at the Fair must comply with current tax legislation.
- The participation cost for SCULTO2018 is a one-time fee of 1,000 Euros plus IVA (VAT)
- The organization will publish the SCULTO 2018 selected gallery and artist list on conclusion of the selection process.
- Selected galleries must confirm attendance by signing the acceptance document and paying the fee.